The Eiffage Energía Group, a subsidiary of the fifth European concessions and construction group Eiffage, ends 2016 with a turnover of more than 208 million euros, representing an increase of 67 million euros in the last four years, and about 1,800 jobs, 408 more than in 2013.
These are important facts that make Eiffage Energía a leading group in the sector, facts to which are added the increase of its international expansion, making it one of the Spanish companies with the most potential, with more than 30 offices in Spain, from where it centralises all its activity, as well as other delegations in Chile, Mexico and, since last year, in Peru.
This unstoppable growth has led the company to create a new Eiffage Energía International Department, which is already operational and is located in Madrid, and whose main mission is to support all operational departments working on the company’s international projects.
In 2016, the company has undertaken major projects in every one of its business lines: electrical infrastructures, maintenance, installations, renewable energy and civil engineering and construction.
At international level, the allocation of an important project for electrical infrastructures in Peru should be highlighted, which involves the construction of two sections of transmission lines that connect several substations; the first project in Africa, namely the expansion of the electricity transmission network of Reunion Island; the award of a solar plant project at Hale Manor Farm, in the UK, to undertake the electromechanical assembly and the civil engineering of the installations, with a total of 20 photovoltaic solar plants installed in this country since 2014; or an electrical EPC project at the Sierra Gorda wind farm in Chile, for the construction of a booster substation and high voltage power line in Sierra Gorda, in the Atacama desert, with a budget of over 13 million euros.
In Spain, Eiffage Energía operates from various territorial divisions: the Central area, the Levant area, the Southern area and Catalonia.
During 2016, several major projects have been implemented from the different lines of the company’s activity and also through subsidiaries of Eiffage Energía in the country: Ambitec, Inelbo and Conscytec.
In short, Eiffage Energía has completed a year of challenges and has met with its clients objectives, among which the following should be highlighted:
- A framework contract for Metering services provision for IBERDROLA in many provinces of the Spanish territory (Navarra, Burgos, Soria, Cáceres, Valencia and Murcia).
- A framework contract for Construction and Maintenance of Iberdrola’s Distribution Network in various autonomous communities of Spain’s national territory (Castilla La Mancha, Madrid, Catalonia, Valencian Community, Murcia, Andalusia etc.)
- The renewal and extension of Endesa’s maintenance contract for 2017-2019 for Jaén, Almería, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, thereby increasing turnover by 40% compared to the previous contract in the Southern area.
- The award of the framework agreement for distribution of the Eastern Ciudad Real area with Unión Fenosa, the electrical connection of the Ourense MT EDAR (medium voltage waste water treatment plants) and the remote control system and sanitation or the construction of three waste water treatment plants in Castilla-La Mancha in UTE (Temporary Union of Companies) formed by Eiffage Energía together with two other companies for an amount of more than 9M € and which will benefit about 3,000 residents of three municipalities of Cuenca.
- The significant increase in its presence in the O & M (Operation and Maintenance) sector of photovoltaic plants, thanks to the award of seven new contracts with Conergy technology in the provinces of Albacete, Ciudad Real, Granada and the Canary Islands, representing an increase of portfolio in this type of contracts of more than 7 million euros. Continuing with O & M, we also highlight the considerable increase in the volume of the wind farm maintenance contract with EDP Renovaveis.
- The contract for remote control and alarms awarded by the Confederación Hidrográfica del Tajo (the Tagus Hydrographic Confederation).
- The modification of the emergency power supply switching systems of Metro de Madrid (Madrid’s underground).
- An operation and maintenance contract for buildings with conduction servicing of the Iberdrola Group in Spain in the Central area 1 and the Levant area, as well as the maintenance of nearly 1,000 buildings and Correo’s offices (Spanish Post Office), also in the services sector (hotels, residences, …) or electrical maintenance of the emblematic Palau de la Música (Palace of Music) of Valencia, among others.
- The expansion and improvement of the installations in the Fontcalent Penitentiary Centre and the refurbishment of the Banco Sabadell offices, both projects in Alicante.
- The renewal of the contract with Redexis Gas and the expansion of the operation area, currently and until 2018, covering Jaén and Granada for the maintenance of transportation installations, distribution and works on the gas networks of that company.
With regard to Eiffage Energía’s domestic subsidiaries, other projects should be highlighted such as the refrigeration work for the paper coating industrial unit of SAICA or the reform of the thermal installations of the Hyde Park Lane Hotel in Lanzarote by Ambitec; the implementation of electrical installations for the new Mercadona logistics centre in Vitoria or the low and medium voltage electrical installations of the new AVE train station in Gerona, which Inelbo is carrying out; or the construction and finishes of Torre 4 (Tower 4) of Iberdrola, Porta Firal in Barcelona, the contracting for the remodelling and expansion of the Les Glories shopping centre by Conscytec.
The significant decline in the number of accidents at work
At Eiffage Energía, the number of workplace accidents has fallen by more than 80% in recent years. Eiffage Energía is a company that has a major commitment to the prevention of occupational risks within its business group.
Thus, according to the latest data from December 2016, the frequency index, which reflects the number of accidents registered, that occur every million hours worked, has been reduced by almost 87% since 2010.
Another important value to take into consideration is the index of Severity, which expresses the number of working days lost per thousand hours of exposure to occupational risk (worked), whose decline has been about 84% over the same period.
Commitment to quality, the environment and energy efficiency
During 2016, the certifying company AENOR has continued the performance of first monitoring audits of the quality and environment management systems in the field of works and the renewal of certificates of quality and environment in the field of comprehensive maintenance activity, in both cases with a satisfactory result.
The adaptation of the quality and environment management systems for all activities as well as the implementation of an energy management system in the main centres of Albacete, Valencia and Madrid, is planned for the year 2017 as a commitment from Eiffage Energía to saving and energy efficiency.
This news is being reflected in the media: