Ambitec is the subsidiary of Eiffage Energía engaging in mechanical installations. With head offices in Zaragoza, it develops its activity in Spain operating in various sectors, focusing on the industrial and tertiary sectors.
Last year, Ambitec celebrated its tenth anniversary with Eiffage Energía becoming a benchmark in the market of design and in implementation of mechanical installations, and today, it is a national benchmark in the maintenance and assembly of electrical installations, HVAC projects, fire protection, centralised technical management systems.
In fact, the Ambitec maintenance department will close 2018 with a turnover close to € 6.5 million and with an increase over last year’s turnover of nearly 20%. In addition, this turnover is broken down into sectors: industrial sector (14%), public sector (27%), hotel sector (2%), banking sector (14%) and various customers (42%).
In addition, it currently has 200 customers and the most relevant are divided by sectors as follows:
- Industrial Sector: SAICA, TEVA Laboratories, CASEN, TEKA, SCHINDLER, BALAY, Heraldo de Aragón Laboratories.
- Public Sector: 86 administrative buildings of Zaragoza’s City Council, Royo Villanova Hospital and its associated health centres, Zaragoza Trade Fair and Convention Centre.
- Hotel sector: 6 hotels of the AC Marriot chain, Hiberus Zaragoza Hotel, Oriente Zaragoza Hotel, Zentro Zaragoza Hotel, Panticosa Spa.
- Banking Sector: 300 Ibercaja Bank offices, and several corporate Ibercaja buildings including its Camon Aznar Museum, Bankinter offices, Caser Offices and its head office.
- In addition, among the rest of the projects, buildings such as Zaragoza WTC, Puerto Venecia Shopping Centre, Utrillas Plaza Shopping Centre, Puerta Cienegia Shopping Centre, Bar Association, Notary Association and Architect Association buildings should be mentioned
As for maintenance carried out by Ambitec, it ranges from the regulatory maintenance of HVAC systems to the comprehensive building maintenance, managing all services among which are: HVAC, plumbing, masonry, electricity, generators, transformer stations, etc. It works with a workforce consisting of 62 skilled workers, 2 managers, one technician, 4 administrative assistants, and 5 engineers.
Some of the newly awarded or renewed maintenance projects are the following:
- The comprehensive maintenance of the Trade Fair and the Zaragoza Convention Centre awarded in January 2018 for a period of 2 years + 1 year extension. The budget is €250,000 per year, where the assembly of stands for the trade fairs to take place both at the Trade Fair and the Convention Centre stands out.
- The industrial maintenance of the Pharmaceutical Factory Teva (Teva Pharma) also awarded in January 2018 for an extendable period of one year. The budget is €150,000 where the control and repair of all installations, such as steam, pressure control in laboratories, temperature control, hygrometric conditions in rooms, etc., will be carried out,
in addition to the maintenance that Ambitec has been carrying out and will carry out all these years:
- The comprehensive maintenance of the 86 offices of Zaragoza’s City Council for 25 years with an approximate budget of €1,200,000 which includes all installations, including civil works of replacement of architectural elements, such as maintenance of façades, etc., with a duration of 4 years + 2 extendable years.
- Industrial maintenance for Saica (paper machine 10 and coater) for 15 years and with a budget of approximately € 100,000 for the maintenance and repair of HVAC equipment of more than 1 MWh capacity.
It also should be noted that this year, Ambitec will finish the digitization of data, with the introduction of a CMMS.